Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a nationally recognized, comprehensive Homeland Security and Emergency Management firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters, is hiring!
We are looking for candidates in the fields of accounting, economics, or financial analysis to support our projects across the United States related to Presidentially-declared disasters following natural and man-made catastrophes. Hagerty is a provider of professional technical and grant management support services blending innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance, and sustain our nation’s infrastructure, natural, and social environments. Come join our team!
The ideal candidate should have proven ability in accounting, financial management, financial systems management, grant and loan programs, internal controls, budget formulation and execution, and/or financial reporting protocols and analyses. Ideal candidates should have knowledge and/or experience with the following:
- Collect, analyze, organize and summarize financial data.
- Perform extensive reviews of financial documentation including, but not limited to, grants, A/R & A/P records, invoices, Purchase Orders, requisitions, proofs of payment, withdrawals, contracts, etc.
- Develop methodologies to accurately account for eligible disaster-related costs and streamline delivery of disaster funds and services.
- Reconcile federal and state grants, cost estimates, audits and other products that support disaster response and recovery efforts.
- Ensure compliance with standard accounting/procurement principles as well as with the applicable laws, rules, regulations, etc.
The candidate must be comfortable interacting directly with clients, senior managers and executives. Must be flexible in working in a team atmosphere but be able to deliver independently.
Desired Qualifications –
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication, leadership and negotiation skills.
- Strong core competencies in technology and applications (Advance skills with Microsoft Office – Excel/PowerPoint – QuickBase, SQL, Access, to mention a few).
- Understanding of governmental accounting.
- Ability to stay calm and poised under pressure and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and are willing to relocate.
Equal Employment Opportunity –
Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is fully committed to a strong equal opportunity program. As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability. Hagerty Consulting does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable Federal or State law.