Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a nationally recognized, comprehensive homeland security and emergency management consulting firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters has immediate needs for support in California. We are looking for consultants for deployments up to six months for a variety of positions in the Joint Field Office with applied experience in incident management, debris management, long-term community recovery, housing, and mitigation. Work locations may include Sacramento or field offices in Northern or Southern California in the areas affected by the Woolsey Fire or Camp Fire.
Ideal candidates will have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- All EOC or JFO sections, including operations, planning, logistics, and finance/administration;
- EOC or JFO safety or incident public information;
- Management of debris operations in a JFO environment and/or support for a debris task force;
- Local Assistance Center management and operations;
- Housing operations, including coordination of housing task forces;
- Long-term community recovery, including the Recovery Support Functions under the National Disaster Recovery Framework;
- Hazard mitigation program management; and
- Environmental planning and monitoring, with consideration for the National Environmental Policy Act, National Historic Preservation Act, and California Environmental Quality Act.
Candidates should have outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work in a collaborative environment with both Hagerty and client personnel. Candidates should be comfortable with the full suite of Microsoft products. Candidates should make note of any response and recovery experience in the State of California and/or knowledge of the Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS).
- Working knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the Incident Command System (ICS), the National Response Framework (NRF), National Disaster Recovery Framework (NDRF), and other federal preparedness guidance documents and policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in in a relevant field, with a minimum of one year experience in emergency management, homeland security, and disaster recovery.
- Ability to be calm and poised under pressure, effectively deliver multiple projects with overlapping timeframes, and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States uninterruptedly and successfully complete a background and criminal history check.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://hagertyconsulting.com/about-us/work-for-us/
Please include a cover letter describing your qualifications and relevant experience in response and recovery, along with compensation requirements, a current résumé, and writing sample.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is fully committed to a strong equal opportunity program. As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, age, or disability. Hagerty Consulting, Inc. does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.