Do you want to help communities recover from disasters while working in a dynamic environment for a growing consulting firm? Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a nationally recognized, comprehensive homeland security and emergency management consulting firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters, has immediate needs for talented professionals.
Disaster Housing and CDBG-DR professional candidates will possess expertise with the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) CDBG-DR program, including one or more of the following areas: housing, infrastructure, economic development, planning and administration, action plan writing, unmet needs assessments, monitoring and compliance.
Candidates with varied levels of experience are encouraged to apply. At a minimum all candidates should possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in in a pertinent field, with five years of experience. Candidates must possess the ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Ideal candidates may possess experience in emergency recovery programs and have some combination of:
- Experience with long-term disaster recovery and disaster housing;
- Knowledge of grants and/or financial management;
- Knowledge of CDBG-DR program planning, design, administration, implementation, and monitoring;
- Demonstrated track record utilizing expertise to help grant recipients administer CDBG-DR funds, including one or more of the following: unmet needs analysis; action plan development; program design for housing, infrastructure and/or economic development programs; environmental review; monitoring, compliance and reporting; and/or financial and grants management; and,
- Conducting business development, customer service, and maintaining client/professional relationships.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Must be eligible to work in the United States uninterruptedly and successfully complete a background and criminal history check.
Candidates applying at this time will be considered for openings throughout the State of California. Travel/relocation packages may be available.
The candidate will participate in and/or lead project initiatives for federal, state and/or local clients related to Disaster Housing and CDBG-DR. Work may include, but is not limited to: program management, grants and financial management, data analysis, review and improvement of plans, documents, manuals, policies, and procedures.
Diverse backgrounds will be considered. The candidate should expect limited supervision and must be comfortable working with or managing teams, and interacting directly with clients, and teaming partners.
- Bachelors and five years’ experience in a related field;
- Grants and/or financial management experience;
- Experience with HUD and/or FEMA disaster housing programs
- Experience with CDBG-DR program administration including planning, program design, program management, data analysis, monitoring and compliance, and/or financial and grants management.
- Experience researching topic areas, and working on complex data-driven projects of various sizes, to include presenting deliverables to a project manager or client;
- Experience effectively working with or managing a team;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to produce technically and programmatically sound deliverables with little oversight (writing sample is pre-requisite);
- Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products to self-produce materials; and,
- Ability to be calm and poised under pressure, effectively deliver multiple projects with overlapping time-frames, and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN ADDITION TO ABOVE:
- Proficient in the use of the Federal Disaster Recovery Grant Reporting (DRGR) system – initiating and monitoring CDBG activities and accomplishments, and completing the DRGR’s Quarterly Performance Report;
- Setting up and managing intake centers onsite in impacted areas and developing eligibility operations;
- Experience designing or managing disaster housing programs, including rehabilitation or reconstruction of both single-family and multi-family housing, and home buyout programs. Experience in developing and implementing strategy for use of CDBG-DR funds to match other federal resources, including FEMA Public Assistance
- Providing construction management services for disaster housing assistance;
- Experience with FEMA’s direct housing program and/or STEP program.
- Experience managing projects of various sizes, to include developing a project plan, managing a team, creating and managing project budgets, and presenting deliverables to a client;
- Consulting experience at the federal, state, local level of government, universities and/or private sector;
- Master’s Degree pertinent to emergency management accounting, finance, urban/community planning, public administration, business administration, or similar field.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is fully committed to a strong equal opportunity program. As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability. Hagerty Consulting, Inc. does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.