Are you looking to make a difference and assisting survivors in recovering from disasters while working in a dynamic environment for a growing consulting firm? Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a nationally recognized, comprehensive homeland security and emergency management consulting firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters, has immediate needs for talented professionals in the role of Associate level.
An Associate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree, with some experience and understanding pertinent to emergency management, homeland security, disaster recovery, accounting, finance or other relevant field. Candidates must possess the ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Ideal candidates possess experience in emergency recovery and/or preparedness programs and have:
- Attention to detail and ability to produce technically and programmatically sound deliverables with little oversight;
- Collecting, analyzing, organizing, and summarizing financial data and preparing grant applications;
- Demonstrated experience in conducting customer service and maintaining client/professional relationships;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (writing sample is required). Provide review and quality control/quality assurance of all materials; and
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products to self-produce materials.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Must be eligible to work in the United States uninterruptedly and successfully complete a background and criminal history check.
The candidate will support project initiatives for federal, state and/or local clients related to emergency management and homeland security. Work may include, but is not limited to: program management, development of federal grant applications, capabilities assessments, gap analyses, emergency operations and/or contingency plans, review and improvement of plans, documents, manuals, policies, procedures, training, and exercises.
Diverse backgrounds will be considered. The candidate should expect limited supervision and must be comfortable working with teams and interacting directly with clients, and teaming partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field;
- Detail oriented and able to document/consolidate data from detailed source documentation (timesheets, equipment records, invoices, etc.);
- Experience researching topic areas, and working on complex projects of various sizes, to include presenting deliverables to a project manager or client;
- Experience effectively working with a team;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to produce technically and programmatically sound deliverables with little oversight (writing sample is pre-requisite);
- Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products to self-produce materials; and
- Ability to be calm and poised under pressure, effectively deliver multiple projects with overlapping timeframes, and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN ADDITION TO ABOVE:
- Understanding of disaster preparedness, response, mitigation and recovery phases of emergency management. Experience with application of these concepts in developing various types of emergency management deliverables;
- Experience supporting projects of various sizes, to include collaborating with a team and presenting deliverables to a client;
- Consulting experience at the federal, state, local level of government, universities and/or private sector;
- Master’s degree, particularly pertinent to emergency management, homeland security, disaster recovery, accounting, finance, engineering, public administration, business administration, or similar field; and
- Knowledge of Salesforce, QuickBase, Emergency Management Mission Integrated Environment (EMMIE), etc.
Hagerty wants to learn about you! Please submit your interest – Ready to apply?
- Start from this page: http://hagertyconsulting.com/about-us/work-for-us/.
- Select the job description for the position you want (if it’s this one, just scroll down).
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Make sure to include a cover letter describing your qualifications and compensation requirements along with a current résumé and writing sample.
- When you have completed the online application, click ‘Submit.’ Apply only once. Ignore any other job descriptions you may see.
- Within a few minutes you will receive a pop up notice that says, ‘Submission Received’ to confirm your application has been processed successfully.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is fully committed to a strong equal opportunity program. As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, age, or disability. Hagerty Consulting, Inc. does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.