Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a nationally recognized, comprehensive Homeland Security and Emergency Management firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters, is growing! We are adding an entry level position to our team of consultants located in Hagerty’s Washington, D.C. office. The candidate must be flexible to travel for extended days and/or repeated periods within the U.S.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge and/or experience with the following:
- Attention to detail and ability to produce technically and programmatically sound deliverables with little oversight.
- Familiarity with emergency management, homeland security, public health preparedness, or related field
- Demonstrated experience in conducting customer service and maintaining client/professional relationships.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (writing sample is required). Candidate must enjoy writing compelling narrative documents and plans.
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products to self-produce materials.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Emergency Management (or related field) and up to three (3) years’ experience in emergency management, homeland security, disaster resilience, information technology/cyber security, medicine and public health, and/or law enforcement
- Understanding of the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP); certification in HSEEP preferred
- Working knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the Incident Command System (ICS), the National Response Framework (NRF), National Disaster Recovery Framework (NDRF), and other federal preparedness guidance documents and policies
- Experience researching topic areas, and working on complex projects of various sizes, to include presenting deliverables to a project manager or client
- Ability to be calm and poised under pressure, effectively deliver multiple projects with overlapping timeframes, and remain focused when working under tight deadlines
This is a full-time, exempt from overtime position with benefits. Must be eligible to work in the United States uninterruptedly and successfully complete a background and criminal history check.
Hagerty wants to learn about you! Please submit your interest – Ready to apply?
- Start from this page: http://hagertyconsulting.com/about-us/work-for-us/.
- Select the job description for the position you want (if it’s this one, just scroll down).
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button.
- Make sure to include a cover letter describing your qualifications and compensation requirements along with a current résumé and writing sample.
- When you have completed the online application, click ‘Submit.’ Apply only once. Ignore any other job descriptions you may see.
- Within a few minutes you will receive a pop up notice that says, ‘Submission Received’ to confirm your application has been processed successfully.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is fully committed to a strong equal opportunity program. As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, age, or disability. Hagerty Consulting, Inc. does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.