Do you want to help communities recover from disasters while working in a dynamic environment for a growing consulting firm? Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a nationally recognized, comprehensive homeland security and emergency management consulting firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters, has immediate needs for talented professionals.
Public Assistance Professional candidates will possess previous work experience with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) Program.
Candidates with varied levels of experience are encouraged to apply. At a minimum all candidates should possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with two years of experience. Candidates must possess the ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Ideal candidates should have experience with FEMA’s Public Assistance program and have some combination of:
- Experience developing damage estimates, scopes of work, and cost estimates for FEMA Project Worksheets
- Experience in closing out FEMA Project Worksheets, including reconciling eligible costs and expenditures and reviewing cost documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Interpreting and applying federal guidance and policies (e.g., Stafford Act, FEMA PAPPG, SRIA, DRRA, etc.);
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Architecture, Engineering or construction management
- Cost Estimating
- Environmental and Historic Preservation
- Section 406 Mitigation
- Section 428 PAAP
- Project Management/Applicant Relations
- Hazard Mitigation
- Grants Management
- Understanding of, and experience with, FEMA’s New PA Delivery Model, Grants Manager, and Grants Portal
- Conducting business development, customer service, and maintaining client/professional relationships.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Must be eligible to work in the United States uninterruptedly and successfully complete a background and criminal history check.
Candidates applying at this time will be considered for openings in California, Florida, and New York. Travel/relocation packages may be available.
The candidate will participate in and/or lead project initiatives for federal, state and/or local clients related to FEMA Public Assistance. Work may include, but is not limited to: program management, development of federal grant applications, capabilities assessments, gap analyses, PW (project) formulation, review and improvement of plans, documents, manuals, policies, and procedures.
Diverse backgrounds will be considered. The candidate should expect limited supervision and must be comfortable working with or managing teams, and interacting directly with clients, and teaming partners.
- Bachelors and two or more years of experience in a related field;
- Experience working for FEMA, grantee, or subgrantee to implement FEMA’s Public Assistance program.
- Experience effectively working with or managing a team;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to produce technically and programmatically sound deliverables with little oversight (writing sample is pre-requisite);
- Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products to self-produce materials; and
- Ability to be calm and poised under pressure, effectively deliver multiple projects with overlapping time-frames, and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN ADDITION TO ABOVE:
- Consulting experience at the federal, state, local level of government, universities and/or private sector;
- Experience managing projects of various sizes, to include developing a project plan, managing a team, creating and managing project budgets, and presenting deliverables to a client;
- Proven ability to conduct polished business development, provide excellent customer service, and maintain client/professional relationships/partnerships; and
- Master’s Degree pertinent to emergency management, accounting, finance, engineering, public administration, business administration, or similar field.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is fully committed to a strong equal opportunity program. As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, or disability. Hagerty Consulting does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.