Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading emergency management consulting firms. Known for its public spirit, innovative thinking, problem solving, and exceptional professionals, Hagerty is sought after to work on some of the largest, most complex, disaster-related projects for rebuilding communities more resiliently and obtaining billion-dollar federal loans and grants for clients following presidential declared disasters.
Are you looking to make a difference and assisting survivors in recovering from disasters while working in a dynamic environment for a growing consulting firm? Hagerty Consulting, Inc. welcomes learning about you! We are searching for accounting and financial analysts with experience or knowledge of GOVERNMENTAL ACCOUNTING to support many of our disaster recovery projects.
Ideal candidates may have previously served as accountants, financial analysts, comptrollers, or CFOs at the township, city, county, or state levels of government, or may have experience compiling or auditing the books and records of local and/or state governmental entities. All levels of experience from experienced staff accountants to CFOs will be considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field. A CPA license is welcomed.
- Two years of previous governmental accounting or finance experience is required.
- Ability to analyze financial statements.
- Ability to interpret data and communicate deliberatively with heads of municipalities, auditors, superintendents, mayors, CIOs, etc.
- Proficiency in understanding governmental revenue streams and governmental processes and procedures.
- Must have a HIGH competency in Microsoft Excel.
- Proven ability to conduct polished business development, provide excellent customer service, and maintain client/professional relationships/partnerships.
Candidates will be trained in various governmental programs and will likely be required to travel periodically while enjoying the flexibility to complete work on a remote basis.
The individuals who work best in management consulting are self-starters, have strong core competencies (e.g. writing, analysis, oral communication, presentation, professionalism) and are comfortable working in challenging, ambiguous environments with minimal oversight. Hagerty looks for candidates that demonstrate:
- Flexibility, integrity, teamwork, and an unwavering commitment to excellence in all endeavors.
- Interest in helping public sector agencies succeed.
- Ability to stay calm and poised under pressure and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
This opportunity is open to candidates that desire independent contract work (1099s) or full-time, exempt positions with benefits. As a US security clearance is required, candidates must be U.S. citizens and can successfully complete a background and criminal history check.