Are you looking to make a difference and assisting survivors in recovering from disasters while working in a dynamic environment for a growing consulting firm? Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a nationally recognized, comprehensive homeland security and emergency management consulting firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters, has immediate needs for talented professionals.
A Managing Associate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in in a pertinent field, with a minimum of three-years of experience in emergency management, homeland security, disaster recovery, accounting, finance or other relevant field. Candidates must possess the ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Ideal candidates may possess experience in emergency recovery and/or preparedness programs and have some combination of:
- An understanding of how Joint Field Offices function;
- FEMA’s Public Assistance and/or Individual Assistance Programs;
- Experience with long-term disaster recovery;
- Experience with mitigation program management or planning;
- Understanding of disaster housing;
- Experience developing various types of emergency plans (e.g. EOPs, COOPs, ERPs, etc.) and conducting threat/risk analysis;
- Interpreting and applying federal preparedness guidance (e.g. FEMA Doctrine, CPG’s, policy);
- Developing and delivering training programs (e.g. Tabletop, Functional and Full-Scale Exercises);
- Providing support for resiliency of critical infrastructure, enhancement of sustainability, and increasing ecosystem services; and
- Conducting business development, customer service, and maintaining client/professional relationships.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Must be eligible to work in the United States uninterruptedly and successfully complete a background and criminal history check.
The candidate will participate in and/or lead project initiatives for federal, state and/or local clients related to emergency management and homeland security. Work may include, but is not limited to: program management, development of federal grant applications, capabilities assessments, gap analyses, emergency operations and/or contingency plans, review and improvement of plans, documents, manuals, policies, procedures, training, and exercises.
Diverse backgrounds will be considered. The candidate should expect limited supervision and must be comfortable working with or managing teams, and interacting directly with clients, and teaming partners.
- Bachelors and three years’ experience in a related field;
- Experience researching topic areas, and working on complex projects of various sizes, to include presenting deliverables to a project manager or client;
- Experience effectively working with or managing a team;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to produce technically and programmatically sound deliverables with little oversight (writing sample is pre-requisite);
- Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products to self-produce materials; and
- Ability to be calm and poised under pressure, effectively deliver multiple projects with overlapping timeframes, and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN ADDITION TO ABOVE:
- Understanding of disaster preparedness, response, mitigation and recovery phases of emergency management. Experience with application of these concepts in developing various types of emergency management deliverables;
- Experience managing projects of various sizes, to include developing a project plan, managing a team, creating and managing project budgets, and presenting deliverables to a client;
- Consulting experience at the federal, state, local level of government, universities and/or private sector;
- Proven ability to conduct polished business development, provide excellent customer service, and maintain client/professional relationships/partnerships;
- Master’s Degree pertinent to emergency management, homeland security, disaster recovery, accounting, finance, engineering, public administration, business administration, or similar field; and
- Knowledge of Salesforce, QuickBase, Emergency Management Mission Integrated Environment (EMMIE), etc.
Please apply by using the APPLY NOW button. We ask your patience as that there is a slight delay after submitting and receiving a message of completion.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is fully committed to a strong equal opportunity program. As such, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or disability. Hagerty Consulting, Inc. does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.