Pre-disaster recovery plans increase the speed of recovery. With resilience and mitigation part of a recovery strategy, a community can come back stronger.
We recognize it is impossible to plan in advance for every disaster recovery effort a community may need to undertake. But all communities will face similar organizational and policy issues in a disaster recovery environment, regardless of the destruction. That is the essence of pre-disaster recovery planning.
Before that disaster, Hagerty helps jurisdictions establish organizational frameworks and develop policies that guide the long and difficult recovery phase. These pre-disaster recovery plans are designed to increase the speed of recovery. The plans that are best able to integrate resilience and mitigation into recovery and redevelopment strategies will ultimately help a community come back stronger. This advance planning requires involvement of numerous organization stakeholders, as well as significant public participation.
Organizations may consider the following before a disaster:
- Post-disaster governance and financial management planning
- Cost recovery planning
- Recovery operations planning
- Damage assessment planning
- Economic recovery planning
- Redevelopment standards development
- Environmental restoration and recovery planning
- Cultural resources recovery planning
- Infrastructure and transportation recovery planning
- Health and social recovery planning
Read more about some of our work here.
Our business is helping you recover quickly and recover stronger. Pre-disaster recovery planning is one way to make that happen.