Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a professional services firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters, seeks a Senior Managing Associate to serve in its Washington, D.C. Office. The candidate will report to the Director of Preparedness, Kyle McPhee. This position will be assigned diverse duties related to emergency management preparedness.
The candidate will lead project initiatives for federal, state and/or local clients and will support the development of proposals related to emergency management and homeland security. The Senior Managing Associate candidate should have advanced knowledge and/or experience with the following:
- Experience developing various types of emergency plans (e.g. EOPs, COOPs, ERPs, etc.) and conducting threat/risk analysis.
- Interpreting and applying federal preparedness guidance (e.g. FEMA Doctrine, CPG’s, policy).
- Developing and delivering training programs (e.g. Tabletop, Functional and Full-Scale Exercises) in HSEEP compliance and have HSEEP certification.
- Managing complex projects at the federal, state or local level to include developing a project plan, managing a team, creating and managing project budgets, and presenting deliverables.
- Identification of services pertaining to the enhancement of sustainability and resiliency of critical infrastructure and increasing ecosystem services.
- Conducting business development, customer service, and maintaining client/professional relationships.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Must be eligible to work in the United States and be able to successfully complete a background and criminal history check.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree, e.g. MPA, MPP, or MPH, preferred) and eight plus (8+) years’ experience in emergency management, homeland security, disaster and recovery resilience, information technology/cyber security, medicine and public health, and/or law enforcement.
- Advanced understanding of disaster preparedness, response, mitigation and recovery. Experience with application of these concepts in developing various types of emergency management projects.
- Working knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the Incident Command System (ICS), the National Response Framework (NRF), Threat Hazard Identification Risk Assessment (THIRA), and other federal preparedness guidance documents and policies.
- Experience managing complex projects of various sizes, to include developing a project plan, managing a team, creating and managing project budgets, and presenting deliverables.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to produce technically and programmatically sound deliverables (writing sample is pre-requisite). Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products to self-produce materials.
- Ability to be calm and poised under pressure and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN ADDITION TO ABOVE:
- Certifications such as Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Emergency Manager (CEM), Business Continuity Planning Professional (BCPP), and Department of Homeland Security or other federal entity designation of training excellence.
- Consulting experience at the federal, state, local level of government, universities and/or private sector.
- Proven ability to conduct polished business development, provide excellent customer service, and maintain client/professional relationships/partnerships.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://hagertyconsulting.com/about-us/work-for-us/
Candidates must submit a cover letter (include salary expectation) and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is fully committed to a strong equal opportunity program. Hagerty Consulting does not discriminate based on the following protected categories: Race, Color, Creed, Religion, National Origin, Ancestry, Age, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity (transgender status), Domestic Partner Status, Marital Status, Disability, AIDS/HIV Status, Height, and/or Weight.