Are you looking to make a difference and assisting survivors in recovering from disasters while working in a dynamic environment for a growing consulting firm? Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a nationally recognized, comprehensive homeland security and emergency management consulting firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters, has immediate needs for talented professionals.
A Senior Managing Associate will possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in in a pertinent field, with a minimum of eight-years of experience in emergency management, homeland security, disaster recovery, accounting, finance or other relevant field. Candidates must possess the ability to be flexible in a dynamic environment and outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Ideal candidates may possess experience in emergency recovery and/or preparedness programs and have some combination of:
- Advanced understanding of disaster preparedness, response, mitigation and recovery. Experience with application of these concepts in developing various types of emergency management projects.
- An understanding of how Joint Field Offices function;
- FEMA’s Public Assistance and/or Individual Assistance Programs;
- Experience with long-term disaster recovery;
- Experience with mitigation program management or planning;
- Understanding of disaster housing;
- Experience developing various types of emergency plans (e.g. EOPs, COOPs, ERPs, etc.) and conducting threat/risk analysis;
- Interpreting and applying federal preparedness guidance (e.g. FEMA Doctrine, CPG’s, policy);
- Developing and delivering training programs (e.g. Tabletop, Functional and Full-Scale Exercises);
- Providing support for resiliency of critical infrastructure, enhancement of sustainability, and increasing ecosystem services; and
- Conducting business development, customer service, and maintaining client/professional relationships.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Must be eligible to work in the United States uninterruptedly and successfully complete a background and criminal history check.
The candidate will participate in and/or lead project initiatives for federal, state and/or local clients related to emergency management and homeland security. Work may include, but is not limited to: program management, development of federal grant applications, capabilities assessments, gap analyses, emergency operations and/or contingency plans, review and improvement of plans, documents, manuals, policies, procedures, training, and exercises.
Diverse backgrounds will be considered. The candidate should expect limited supervision and must be comfortable working with or managing teams, and interacting directly with clients, and teaming partners.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree with a minimum of eight-years of experience in a related field;
- Experience managing complex projects of various sizes, to include developing a project plan, managing a team, creating and managing project budgets, and presenting deliverables;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills to produce technically and programmatically sound deliverables (writing sample is pre-requisite). Must have high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products to self-produce materials;
- Working knowledge of the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the Incident Command System (ICS), the National Response Framework (NRF), Threat Hazard Identification Risk Assessment (THIRA), and other federal preparedness guidance documents and policies;
- Experience researching topic areas, and working on complex projects of various sizes, to include presenting deliverables to a project manager or client;
- Ability to be calm and poised under pressure, effectively deliver multiple projects with overlapping timeframes, and remain focused when working under tight deadlines; and
- Proven ability to conduct polished business development, provide excellent customer service, and maintain client/professional relationships/partnerships.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE IN ADDITION TO ABOVE:
- Certifications such as Master Exercise Practitioner (MEP), Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Emergency Manager (CEM), Business Continuity Planning Professional (BCPP), and Department of Homeland Security or other federal entity designation of training excellence;
- Consulting experience at the federal, state, local level of government, universities and/or private sector; and
- Knowledge of Salesforce, QuickBase, Emergency Management Mission Integrated Environment (EMMIE), etc.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Hagerty Consulting, Inc. is fully committed to a strong equal opportunity program. Hagerty Consulting does not discriminate based on the following protected categories: Race, Color, Creed, Religion, National Origin, Ancestry, Age, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity (transgender status), Domestic Partner Status, Marital Status, Disability, AIDS/HIV Status, Height, and/or Weight.