Hagerty Consulting, Inc., a nationally recognized, comprehensive Homeland Security and Emergency Management firm focused on helping clients prepare for and recover from disasters, is HIRING! We are a growing company that is currently seeking driven, detail-oriented proposal management professionals to support the Operations Division at our headquarters in Evanston, Illinois.
Candidates are expected to have hands-on experience writing proposals and/or grants in response to a wide variety of Request for Proposals (RFPs) within the U.S. public sector. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
The Technical Writer/Researcher will be a key team member who has excellent communication skills and the ability to think creatively and strategically. Duties may include:
- Balancing multiple priorities at once to support the full cycle of proposal development – from requirement analysis to final production.
- Writing and contributing to all aspects of technical proposals including cover letters, executive summaries, resumes, biographies, project descriptions, and project approach.
- Gathering and synthesizing information specific to the proposal, tailored to the scope and evaluation criteria identified in the RFP.
- Coordinating with technical personnel, including Hagerty Directors and Managers, to develop technical proposal content.
- Maintaining version control of all documents; incorporate edits and feedback.
- Proofreading and editing all proposal documentation.
- Supporting business development and marketing efforts, including direct marketing and Hagerty’s social media presence.
- Coordinating Operations Team schedules and supporting information systems management.
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or a Technical Discipline. A four-year degree is required.
- Exceptional grammar and proofreading abilities.
- Flexibility to work extended hours to meet tight deadline requirements.
This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. Must be eligible to work in the United States uninterruptedly and successfully complete a background and criminal history check.