State, local, territorial, and tribal governments are facing an unprecedented surge in federal funding associated with response to and recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic. These new federal funding streams – such as $350 billion available under State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) and $1.2 trillion of programs under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) – complement and supplement resources available under more traditional federal recovery programs administered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and the United States (US) Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
This unprecedented funding presents a transformational opportunity for communities across the US to recover from the pandemic in a way that equitably strengthens community resilience. Yet, while this funding is immediately available, for many communities, the question remains how to leverage this generational opportunity while maintaining compliance with the current and evolving federal requirements associated with each unique funding stream. It is vital for these communities to preserve and maximize resources while limiting any adverse impacts, such as negative audit findings or future recoupment of federal funds.
Hagerty can help
Hagerty supports our clients’ implementation and management of federal funds by providing strategic, financial, and programmatic expertise. Our expertise spans funding streams and includes, but is not limited to:
- FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP), Flood Mitigation Assistance (FMA), Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (BRIC), Public Assistance (PA).
- US Treasury American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act, including SLFRF and Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).
- HUD Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) Program and CDBG – Mitigation (CDBG-MIT) Program.
- New and expanded funding under the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA), including programs focused on cybersecurity, energy, mitigation, and resiliency.
Our team of professionals have diverse backgrounds and include former federal, state, and local government executives and staff. We understand the issues our clients are facing and focus on solutions that can be implemented to assist them. Our work is based on:
- Financial and grants management expertise focused on the strategic use of federal funds and the entire grants lifecycle.
- Practical, on-the-ground management of federal and state funds, grants, and programs.
- A comprehensive recovery, mitigation, and resiliency perspective.
Our federal funds management services are organized around: Strategy and Planning; Administration and Management; and Program Design and Implementation.
With Hagerty as a partner, we will provide you with a comprehensive approach to federal funds management and support you throughout the entire grant lifecycle.
Strategy and Planning
- Conduct internal and external needs assessments to inform decision-making.
- Evaluate existing and potential federal funding opportunities and map funding to client priorities and projects.
- Develop strategies and plans to leverage and maximize various federal funding opportunities.
- Design and administer community engagement programs.
Administration and Management
- Assess federal regulations to provide eligibility and policy guidance.
- Evaluate and modify existing organizational structures and processes to effectively manage and oversee grant operations.
- Establish portfolio/ program management services, including funding oversight, grant monitoring, and external/ internal reporting.
- Perform program-specific and Uniform Guidance (2 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 200) compliance activities.
Program Design and Implementation
- Perform subrecipient/grantee analysis, training, and monitoring.
- Identify, scope, and/ or enhance of programs and projects to ensure eligibility, compliance, and overall alignment with the rules and regulations of federal funding streams.
- Evaluate programs to determine if intended outcomes were met.
Contact us today to learn more about how we can help: